Monday, February 9, 2015

Wonder and Thankfulness

For the first time that I have wanted to write in a while, I am not writing a blog with a heavy heart. A heavy heart somehow gets lightened by getting those thoughts out on paper as words which keep bothering us. However, this is not the case with this post; these words are written with a grateful heart , perhaps with a touch of wonder. Wonder, at the way things unfold in life. Amazement, at the way prayers are listened to and thankfulness, at how Allah takes us out of distress when we see no way out.
This is not to say that life is without its fair share of trials and tribulations. Hard times are a part and parcel of life and are necessary for a person's emotional and spiritual growth. Problems keep on coming but what keeps me going through them is perhaps a deep belief in the love that Allah has for its creation. I have never been disappointed in Allah whenever I have asked Him for something. It has nothing to do with me; rather, I always think about this in wonder and look back with thankfulness in my heart.
I don't know why I am writing these words. They won't mean much to any one except me but perhaps, they may serve as a message of hope to people who are going through hard times and keep wondering about these trials and taking them as punishments. This is just an answer to all those people who think like I did; why me? The answer is simple. Trials are not an obstacle but a step onto a higher platform. Allah does not burden us beyond our capability and Allah does not leave us. One thing is for certain: whether times are good or hard, they do not stay. What stays is a belief in Allah, an ever-growing belief in His mercy. He does listen to prayers and He does have a plan for us. Things take their own sweet time to get right and when they do, they may not be in a way that we wanted. BUT they are in a way that Allah decides for us. As Mumtaz Mufti used to say, "mannay mai bara sukh hai". We must accept and with acceptance, comes peace.

Faroha Liaqat
http://avoiceforislam.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment