Saturday, July 14, 2012

The price of being human

We all are unique in our own ways but we must change as time passes so that our personality may evolve. We must learn from our mistakes to make our judgement and our life better. However, sometimes I get fed up of being myself. I wish to be another person, one who has more common sense, a clear head and less sincerity. I sometimes think that all the good lessons we learn as children, honesty, sincerity, giving without expectations, etc, are misplaced in this selfish and greedy world. I know this is not true. All of these are beautiful qualities which make us human but they are rare in an increasingly materialistic world. Even though I know the value of such emotions, I wish not to have them sometimes.I did not always understand why it was so that good people usually suffered in life; why was life unfair? Then I realized that this is God's way of implanting the qualities of patience and tolerance in them; a way of checking who is stable and willing to put God over the temporary worldly gains.
Worldly gain can not only be money. It can be love, fame, respect, status, a degree or a good name. Every one of us has our own price and God judges us in the things dearest to us. I know all this but still, it is sometimes very hard to reconcile myself to the idea that it is hard to change one's nature. I will always be as I am now; even if I try to change myself willingly, some remnants of the person I was will always remain within me. I must get used to being  the one on the receiving end and someday it will stop hurting so much. But the question remains: why are humans often unmindful of those who love them best? It is strange perhaps but true. We carve for love all our lives and when we get it, it loses its significance and we go off on the pursuit of some thing else. Humans are strange creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment