Thursday, July 5, 2012

A sweeping tide of emotions

I sometimes wonder how easy it is to become a prisoner of some kind of emotions. I have often seen strong enough people show weak strains because they are unable to master their feelings. It happens with all of us. May be this is what makes us human and fallible. Whatever it is, sometimes the urge to master these curious feelings take me over. I want to be more like a super-controlled creature. I make decisions and even efforts to restrain myself; I give myself reasons not to do something, not to wish for some things; I make plans but all to no avail. Suddenly, something pulls at my heart strings and I go lame, with the tide of emotions sweeping away every reason. It is so easy to give way and not fight with oneself.
Maybe these are the small, uncontrollable things that add charm to our life, otherwise how boring it would be to have every thing as predicted. But God springs surprises on us just when we expect them least. I have stopped trying to understand these ' connections' that gets established between people effortlessly. It is maybe not us but God who is quietly leading us to our destiny.

Faroha Liaqat
http://avoiceforislam.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. nice piece
    how far is your Ph.D.? how many papers?

    Dipankar Sarkar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allah is our Guide.we should have faith in Him.Secondly we are always looking outside ourselves for strength and confidence but it comes from within

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ds

    Finishing this year, In sha Allah

    ReplyDelete