Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Light?

Today, I remember again and again the words from Umaira Ahmed's novel, Peer-e-Kamil.
 "Zindagi mai kabhi na kabhi hum us maqaam par aa jatay hain jahan saaray rishte khatam ho jatay hain, jahan sirf hum hotay hain aur Allah hota hai"....
I feel like I am at that point today, when I feel myself curiously removed from every thing, from life around me. It's as if life's passing itself by me and I am a disinterested onlooker. This apathy, this disinterestedness, this cold attitude is more disturbing to me than tears and anger. It makes me think something has died somewhere inside me and it won't ever come back.
Out of all this gloom, then comes the thought; that God brings to life from death. I know the answer but the endless questions frustrates me also. Aagahi is a very painful thing; the hurt kills you, yet you know you will come out alive at the other end stronger and better. It is only God who can give life after death, hope after despair and ease after hardship. And it is only the light of God that sustains and strengthens us. The pain may be necessary now but there will be healing at the end.

Faroha Liaqat
http://avoiceforislam.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment