Saturday, December 8, 2012

And the silence speaks to me!

Late on a cold, snowy, winter night, I keep on wondering how suddenly life changes. Some moments in every one's life are crucial; they can change your direction without even your knowledge and you may find it only when you look back. It does not take years for life to change. Maybe for some, it does but for me, it is a long rollercoaster ride of continuous twists and turns. I sit here thinking on this lonely winter night that I was on a similar point more than a year ago. Then, in a twist of fate, every thing seemed beautiful, working well and kept falling into place. Just when I thought it was all perfect and I was the most blessed person on earth, I crashed from heavens to the ground and with such force that it resonated for months. And so, now I am back full circle to the cold, lonely winter nights.
I try to understand this rollercoaster like turn of events and then, it comes to me that may be it is Allah's way to bring people closer to him. Adversity pulls you closer to God or teaches you things you may never learn otherwise. I am not sure of any thing in the world, not even myself. The only constant security I have in my life is God's presence. I know I am not the most punctual in prayers and a good Muslim in many ways, but I really love this feeling of closeness to Allah. It seems as if God's love is engulfing me and soothing my sores and I am being healed.
Truly, neither good times stay forever, nor bad. Every thing happens for a reason because Allah wills it. We may not understand His wisdom at the time but the dots get connected to make a pattern, once you look back later in life. It takes a lot of faith and patience and none is possible without Allah's help. Heal, my ALLAH; You are the most Benificient, The Merciful.

http://avoiceforislam.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment